Training, Qualifications and Experience
- B.Ed. (Hons/1st); M.Phil. - University of Southampton
- Advanced Diploma (Special Needs) - University of Winchester
- Integrative Counselling Diploma in Higher Education - University of Southampton
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - Institute of Counselling, Glasgow
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT) - International Centre for Excellence in EFT
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling - Marriage Care
- Barnardo's Adoption Service Certificate 2015
- Attachment Focused Therapy - Barnardo's/LINK 2016
- Infant Loss Accredited Provider - Foundation for Infant Loss. 2018
- Diploma in Grief and Bereavement Counselling (Institute of Counselling 2020)
Having completed additional specialist training, I hold Approved Adoption Counsellor status with Barnardo's Adoption Agency. This qualifies me to assist those who have been affected by adoption, for example those who have been adopted (adoptees), adoptive family members and birth family members.
I am also qualified (both by experience and recent training) to help and counsel parents who have lost a baby through, for example, miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, loss after birth (neonatal), "cot death" or accidental death.
I am an Integrative therapist which means I am trained in a number of different approaches. This gives me a choice of ways of helping you, tailored to your individual needs, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples.
I work with clients on a range of general counselling issues, including the following:
- Marriage / relationship difficulties
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Anxiety and Depression
- Panic, fears and phobias
- Crisis and trauma
- Management of stress
- Faith / spirituality
- Domestic violence and Abuse
- Personal Development
- Special Needs / school-related issues
- Work-related issues
- Low self-esteem
- General issues: a sense of feeling stuck, indecisive, sad, unsure of what to do, or concerned about someone else.